Welcome to Our Blog. I look forward to staying connected! xoxo Gina

Wednesday 16 April 2014



What we're talking about now...Nutrition

I thought this would be fun to do. People think they are healthy and doing all the right things but they still are 5 to 10 lbs. heavier then they want to be. They feel depressed and have anxiety. They are tired and not motivated. Once you really clean up your diet you will start to see changes. It really does matter what, how, when and why you eat. I welcome your feedback.


1.Why should I juice just vegetables and not fruit? 

This is a very important question. We need to change the way a lot of us are thinking about juicing. Juicing is not about having your sweet tooth satisfied.

I juice each day because I know that doing so will keep me healthy. When juicing, only juice vegetables. Preferably green veggies such as cucumber, celery, kale, and spinach. Add a lemon or some ginger for flavor. Be wary of juicing carrots and beets as they contain a high amount of sugar.

Fruits are very sweet and digest as sugar in the body. When you juice fruit the fiber is taken out. Instead of the fruit digesting normally throughout your body, all that sugar from the fruit goes immediately to your cells. All that sugar getting into the cells so rapidly causes inflammation in the body and can be toxic to your cells.



2. Does sugar cause wrinkles?

Yes! Excess sugar shows up as excess wrinkles on your face.

Long story short...our bodies are made up of approximately 75 trillion cells. The goal is to keep each of those healthy. To stay looking good and feeling good we need to keep all those cells healthy. We keep them healthy by making sure they get the right nutrients and prevent toxins from getting to them.

When we eat a lot of sugar it causes our bodies to go into an inflammatory state (think of your insides becoming swollen). When this happens it is hard for the cells to get the fluid and nutrients they need. In a way the cells become strangled and dehydrated. Dehydrated cells present as wrinkles on face and body.


3. Why don't I eat breakfast?

Our bodies go through a natural detox everyday from 3am to 11am. During this time it is important to let your body to do it's job (healing you) and not get in it's way by eating foods that are hard to digest. I like to start my day with a shot of wheatgrass and a green drink. On mornings when I am hungry I find that a piece of fruit keeps me satisfied until lunch.

People say they workout in the mornings so they 'need' breakfast. I am an early riser and workout several times a week before work. I find this just is not true for me. We don't 'need' anything. Try it, listen to your body. I disagree with people who say breakfast is the most important meal.


4. Is every ailment in your body a result of an emotional issue?

This topic fascinates me and my free time is spent reading on subjects like this. I am finding that it is true in many cases. I am not an expert but am drawing this conclusion more and more. A great book to begin learning about this is
"You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay.

Be open to the idea. It's not a judgement. It's not good or bad, it just is.


Digestion is directly related to good health. We are born with approximately eight football fields of enzymes in our body. I've read that by the time most of us reach fifty we have little more than a football field left.

Enzymes digest food and keeps our cells healthy. I eat to maximize my enzymes!

My comments are not geared towards children. My kids do not eat as I eat (but I am setting an example)

Find supporting information on my nutrition facebook page:

www.facebook.com/mainlinepilatesnutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment