Welcome to Our Blog. I look forward to staying connected! xoxo Gina

Tuesday 22 January 2013





Hello Everyone....

No one likes chicken wings and beer more than me! Really! I was born in Buffalo. My Uncle Tony had several restaurants back then and was one of the first to serve buffalo wings.  I remember having so much fun with my sister and cousins going in and eating hot spicy wings.  My taste in beer came a little later in life. Nothing better than an IPA draft served in an ice cold glass.

My point in telling you this is that anyone can do a fast or a cleanse if they commit and decide to do it.  It's a commitment that's all.  I am ending my final, 21st, day of my Daniel Fast. I feel amazing! 

I have journaled a bit over the past 3 weeks and recently looked back at what I wrote.  It is funny, interesting, to look back at my thoughts.  My first few days I was telling myself "just get through it" "one day at a time" " after the 3 weeks I can have my bold starbucks again" "wine will taste so much better then" "maybe I will lose a few pounds" etc.
Midway through I was having second doubts about going back to coffee. I felt less puffy. My mind began to be more clear. I was making time on a regular bases for my meditation. I started to feel like my family life and my business were both getting better.  I was working out almost everyday some days pretty hard. I even did a trail run with a group from Platoon and felt great after.

I have read many times that it takes 21 days to develop a habit. It is so true for me.  Now that I am officially ending tomorrow, a big part of me wants to keep going. Why wouldn't I? I am not trying to prove anything to anyone. I just feel really good. I may go back to my starbucks eventually but for now I am going to try to stay on the cleaner side.  

Thanks so much for sharing the last 3 weeks with me, and I look forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment