Welcome to Our Blog. I look forward to staying connected! xoxo Gina

Thursday 10 January 2013

FASTING Support and Encouragement....


HI!

I am so glad its Day 4. I am starting to feel really good! I lied to myself thinking by Day 3 I would start to feel better....maybe because the week before I was laying on the beach drinking rum drinks??? I hope your fast is going well!

There are many things we can eat on the fast. All fruits and veggies, all grains (lots of pastas and rices are made from grains just search them out,) all nuts and seeds. We also can have legumes and use good quality oils. The only drink on the fast is water. I love to use lemon in mine. Very filling! The average person needs about a gallon of water a day. To figure your right amount, take your body weight and divide by 2. That number is the number of ounces you should be having. I really try to stick to my number during my fast.

Benefits of Fasting

Rests your digestive system
Allows for cleansing and detox
Creates a break in eating habits while shining a spotlight on them
Promotes greater mental clarity
Cleanses and heals "stuck" emotional patterns
Leads to a feeling of physical lightness increasing energy levels

Most importantly the Daniel fast is designed to promote an inner stillness enhancing a closer spiritual connection to God!

My free time is usual spent reading. I can't get enough info on health and spirituality. I truly believe they are connected! A cool girl I like to follow is Kris Carr. She has a website Crazy Sexy Wellness. You can go to her site and get her emails. A few years back she was a model. Was in a Bud Lite Super Bowl commercial. Found out shortly after she had a very rare form of cancer. Her story is amazing! Overcame it using natural methods. She is a big juicer and raw foodie now and her passion is spreading the word.

This time of year we hear a lot about finding your true purpose in life. Kris Carr recently wrote about it. Check out http//kriscarr.com/blog/the-myth-of-finding-your-purpose
She has a nice perspective on it all!

I am here for you during the next few weeks. Let me know how I can help!

XOXO Gina

1 comment: